Gemmotherapy remedies? What the heck is that, right?! Relax, its yet another iconic stress relief option. In layman terms, gemmotherapy is a therapeutic process that makes use of plant bud extracts and other embryonic herbal tissues. Herbal tissues freshly harvested from the live growing plant. This method is used to support removal of harmful toxic elements and compounds from the body.
Our present society causes anomalous amount of toxic elements and compounds that are being ingested by humans and get trapped within the body. Human basic needs such as food and water supplies are now contaminated with hazardous pesticides and manufacturing scraps. Even the air is polluted with carbon monoxide and other harmful gases. Several drugs and medicines turn into metabolites once they enter the body, these metabolites are toxic compounds that accumulate in the body and must be eliminated to avoid further illness.
To understand toxic elimination process, we need to learn how these toxic elements and compounds are released from the body. There are four elimination routes where toxic are transported outside, through digestive system, kidneys, respiratory system and the skin. These routes rely on the endocrine glands for maximum cellular function.
Gemmotherapy remedies serve to carefully activate and support the elimination process. Each gemmotherapy remedy is available in 2 fl. oz. glass bottle with dropper and is recommended that you take 50 drops a day or as prescribed by your health care provider.
Let’s take a look at these three most commonly used gemmotherapy remedies and what they have to offer:
Ficus carica or fig is a tree or shrub from the Mediterranean which has its flowers grow inside its fruits. Various benefits of this remedy include relief and treatment of:
- Emotional distress such as anxiety, depression, stress and restlessness
- Gastrointestinal disorder
- Cardiovascular anticoagulant, arteriosclerosis
- Insomnia, epilepsy, hyperventilation, post traumatic stress syndrome, post-concussion syndrome, and migraines
Ficus carica works with the following therapeutic processes:
- Functions deep into the endocrine system.
- Balances gastric juices by acting as a gastric drainer. It is a powerful remedy for gastric and duodenal ulcers associated with digestive upsets and disturbances.
- Works sufficiently on the nervous system and restores mental health. It has a calming property that induces sleep, triggers dreams and calm thinking.
- Treats cardiovascular disorders such as arteriosclerosis, thrombosis and is effective in curing iron deficiency anemia.
Juniperus Communis, otherwise known as simply ‘juniper’, is a coniferous evergreen shrub known to:
- Help treat liver cirrhosis due to excessive alcohol intake.
- Aid in the recovery of diabetes, nephritis and chronic polyarthritis. Additional remedies are required for full recovery of these illnesses.
- Provide critical diuretic function by eliminating the restrained urea and uric acid during the treatment of hypoalbuminuria.
- Play an important role on the kidneys for the treatment of certain pyelitis and chronic cystitis.
- Indicate remedy for conditions such as major hepatic insufficiency, bloating and renal conditions.
Ribes nigrum or black currant gemmotherapy remedy mainly works on the adrenal cortex. It stimulates the secretion of the adrenal cortex hormones and is also a fast-acting anti-inflammatory substance with no side effects. Ribes nigrum serves as:
Daily intake of 1500 ml leads to a crucial decrease in plasma malondialdehyde, an indicator of lipid oxidation. It can also result to an increased level of glutathione peroxidase, an essential enzyme in our antioxidative defense system. The carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin present in black currants are known antioxidants that can be beneficial to our eyes.
- Anti-Inflammatory Agent
Daily dose of 300 mg, anthocyanins from blackcurrants greatly heal inflammations. Anthocyanins cut down oxidative stress on exertion.
- Treatment for Cardiovascular Disorders
The effect of blackcurrant juice decreases C-reactive protein (CRP) by 11% and fibrinogen by 3%. High levels of CRP and fibrinogen are associated with the risk of myocardial infarction, peripheral arterial diseases, strokes and cardiovascular death.
- Other benefits include reduction in muscle stiffness and muscle fatigue by increasing the peripheral blood flow, remedy for asthma, bronchitis, allergies, eczema, arthritis and rheumatism.
Gemmotheraphy remedies offer treatments in a bottle that is available and easy to use. You won’t even have to worry about side effects or adverse reactions due to their all-natural ingredients. It is always better to cut down the consumption of chemically-processed medicines and resort to natural remedies like gemmotherapy.